The GOCC Foundation has officially launched a new medical programme which aims to treat bone defects and provide the equipment necessary for bone extension treatment.
How to make your Grand Finale even more attractive to the public? It is middle of unforgiving winter in Poland, after all!
You have got a team ready to organise an extraordinary event - be it a concert, a silent (or a loud!) disco, a workshop, or even an exhibition in aid of the Grand Finale Fundraiser? Let's call this event a Closed Event, but not because it is a sort of an exclusive invitation-only party for the selected few people, but because it would take place in a closed space, such as a concert hall, for example. Such a Closed Event is often held on the day of the Grand Finale, to attract more people to venture outside, or on the days preceding the charity fete.
Remember that in case of the Closed Event organised in aid of the Grand Finale fundraiser there is no admission fee, only a voluntary donation made in aid of the charity!
Once you have assembled an enthusiastic team of activists you should make sure to follow these steps:
1. Read and ensure that your team follows the Rules and Regulations of Closed Events.
2. Choose who will serve as the Chief of the Closed Event. Chief is responsible for coordinating all work that goes into organisation of the event. He or she selects volunteers and handles all official matters, such as filling in application to hold the event and signing all other relevant documents and agreements.
4. Chief of the Closed Event needs to register in the Chief of the Collection Centre Database: they have to fill in the application form, read and agree to comply with the Rules and Regulations.
5. The application form, which has been filled by the Chief in the database, has to be printed out and signed by the members of the committee, who are responsible for calculating the funds.
6. The application form, after it has been signed and stamped, needs to be sent to the GOCC foundation's offices by post or handed in in person by November 21, 2016. Our address is Fundacja WOŚP, Dominikańska 19c, 02-738 Warszawa. You must send us the original of the application form. We cannot process copies or scans of the document!
A Closed Event is an event taking place in closed premises or in a designated area (an event such as a concert, or a silent disco, or a workshop - your only limit is your creativity and resources) between the 15th of December 2016 and the 15th of January 2017. The proceeds from voluntary admission fees supporting the objective of the Grand Finale. The organiser responsible for holding the Closed Event should make sure that the volunteers run the collection only on the premises of the event. Volunteers cannot collect money in other public places such as streets or parks. Such public fundraiser is reserved for one day only - the day of the Grand Finale.
If you would like to reach out for the bands, who are willing to perform free of charge in order to support the Grand Finale efforts, you can browse through the Bank of Bands.
Financial accounts and reports of the funds raised during the Closed Event
Chief of the Closed Event should choose a team of at least 3 people, who are going to be responsible for counting the funds raised during the event. The financial committee should consist of adults who have full legal capacity and enjoy public trust and are respected by the community. The financial account should comply with the Rules and Regulations of Closed Events and should be sent to us by 31.01.2017.
Let's be in touch!
Being in touch with the huge network of Collection Centres is essential part of coordinating the entire action. Make sure to follow our social media channels and check our website for the most recent updates.
We would like to let everyone know about what you do - you keep amazing us with your ingenuity and creativity with which you make your ideas take shape! Make sure to let us know about your plans for the fundraisers - you have an option to create your own news updates and schedule a series of events accompanying the fundraiser.
Send us an e-mail with any concerns you might have or drop in for a chat!